Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Starting Over: Day 7

No real specifics to report but it is quite obvious to me that N's strength and balance are greatly improving. She's been using the walker for almost a week now but on school days she doesn't get much time with it since we only have one for her to use at home right now. Still she is doing very well and occasionally I have her walk our hallway using the walking sticks (and my assistance) just to be certain that she is using her legs and body to walk rather than her arms. I'm impressed. She's not where she was 10 months or so ago when she began taking those independent steps but certainly better than she would have been doing even last week.

I also believe her hamstrings feel looser though more so on her right leg than her left.

I have also found her choosing to sit or lay with her legs extended lately instead of pulled in which is really interesting and pretty cool. That straight leg time is so important.

And another important thing to note is her attitude toward walking has become more positive again. She is trying to do more things standing up as she thinks of herself as a walker. So important!

No comments:

Post a Comment