Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 61

N stayed in her stander for over 2 hours!! I hadn't planned it that way and usually take her out after an hour but life got busy and we weren't watching the clock. The thing about this is that she did not complain at all and was completely happy to play, eat dinner, and do homework in her stander. When I took her out she didn't giggle uncontrollably as she does when her legs hurt or feel numb! After a minute or two lying down, I helped her walk to the bathroom. It was not a far walk and I assisted quite a bit but the fact that her legs didn't just collapse under her or her complaining that they hurt or she couldn't do it is AWESOME! My girl is definitely getting stronger. What great progress!!

We started using the longer knee immobilizers at night when she sleeps because they keep her legs completely straight, better than her small ones. However, her left leg is not quite ready for such long time straight leg positioning and she can't make it through the night without tears. So tonight I decided we will use the long knee immobilizer on the right leg and continue to use the shorter one for her left leg for now. She's been such a rockstar with all this  hard work and adjustments, I certainly don't want to push things to a point where she is miserable...attitude is everything so lets keep her smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment