Wednesday, April 19, 2017

E - Day 31 / N - Day 6 (take 3)

E has been getting super tired every day in the late afternoon for the past several days (since at least day 27). He has not been taking nap for quite some time now but is now, and he puts himself there. He gets extremely tired and cries hysterically until we can agree to lay him down in my bed with his favorite nap time setup. Because it is so close to dinner and his typical bedtime, we wake him for dinner and expect he will stay up a little later than normal but no, he wants to go back to sleep. We are assuming he must be getting ready for a growth spurt. Normally this is a fine thing, with CP slow and steady is much preferred.

Aside for being exhausted in the late afternoon, he is clearly showing increased strength in his core. He also does equine therapy once a week so I don't want to discount that but definitely seeing some, almost sudden, improvement that makes think, "wow!" Like he crawls up on our counter high barstools (with backs)...which is not new, but then proceeds to not only climb onto the counter but does so sitting perched, up right, on the edge with his feet dangling over the side. He sits up there like it's no big deal but my brain has not yet caught up to the fact that he really can do this and so it blows my mind every time I find him sitting up there. Crazy!

Today he also sat at the edge of the bed, which isn't totally new but just so straight and sturdy AND he used his stomach muscles to get into sitting position from his back instead of rolling over and using his arms and legs. Pretty impressive and a definite improvement.


Today when I helped N stand up out of her wheelchair to move to her walker I was amazed by her strength. Usually she needs a lot of my strength to help her to standing but not today. I used one hand and very little effort. I know this isn't really very solid scientific evidence of progress but these is my parent observations which is cause for excitement over here.

Getting stronger every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment